Monday, June 8, 2009

Who do you belong to?

The other day, I dropped by friend off at his car, and as he got out of my car, I noticed a single black slipper (a.k.a. "flip flop" to mainlanders...hahaha) sitting on the floor of the passenger side of my car. I looked at it and it was clearly a woman's slipper, so I knew it did not belong to him. My friend just looked at me like I was crazy and got out of the car. I just figured it belonged to one of my co-workers that had been in the car the previous day and/or night.

The next day, I picked up the slipper with my keys and realized that there is really NO part of a slipper/flip-flop that you can touch that is not totally gross. Any part you touch is rubbing up against the person's foot (top or bottom), or between their toes, or is touching the ground constantly. It was a very gross realization.

So I carried the slipper to my office on the end of my car key and walked in, expecting someone to immediately recognize and identify it. No luck. I walked around my whole office with it, asking everyone if it was their slipper.

It doesn't belong to anyone in my office and I can't think of anyone else that would've left a woman's slipper in my car and/or had been in my car that recent to its discovery (did that sentence make any sense?). None of my other friends have contacted me about a misplaced slipper either. It is now officially a ghost slipper.

THAT'S TOTALLY CREEPY...and spooky

1 comment:

  1. you know what is totally creepy? the female cat from cinemark movies. you know, she wears an evening gown and has cleavage? why does a cat need cleavage? so disturbing.

    ReplyDelete