Thursday, June 11, 2009

My big swan song

Where did that phrase "swan song" even come from? Swan Lake? That's pretty depressing.

Anyway, last night was my big swan song for the afterschool program that I have been working with for the past 2 years. Last night was my last parent info session. Bittersweet.

The new site coordinator (a really lame title for the director of the program) will do an amazing job and he was able to introduce himself to the families that he will be working with at the school. But a part of me was so sad that I will not be there next year to see the kids and their families. Don't get me wrong, I don't want my job back, I just want to keep that one part (hanging out with the kids and their parents and extended families).

I'm sad to be leaving, but I have been pretty ready to move on and try something new for a while now. I have no clue what I'll be doing next, but I hope that the people I will work with next will be as fun and tolerant of my personality as my current co-workers and that the kids/families I will work with next will be as fun and tolerant as well.

Oh, but one parent did come up to me last night to speak to me (in rapid Cantonese) about how sad she was that I was leaving and how sad she was that her child will not see me every day. I have never seen her in my life. I have no clue who she is or who her child is. She hugged me too. THAT'S TOTALLY CREEPY.

But overall, I can file this one under "not creepy".

No comments:

Post a Comment