Thursday, June 11, 2009

They probably hate puppies and chubby kids too!

I was listening to NPR this morning and there was a long discussion about if the hobby of collecting butterflies is leading to butterfly extinction or not. It was the weirdest, creepiest discussion ever to take so much time on the airwaves.

A guy called in claiming to have been the guy in charge of the butterfly habitat at Marine World (now Discovery Kingdom) for 6 years, and he said that collectors are not going to make butterflies go extinct. You heard it here first. Go collect butterflies to your heart's content! You won't kill them off by collecting them in your net and...I have no clue what a butterfly collector does with them after he/she collects them. But keep on doing it!

BUT, here's the creepy part: at some point, the guest on NPR (I didn't catch his name, and I regret that a little bit) non-chalantly said "and as mentioned on ihatebutterflies.com"...I didn't hear what he said after that because I couldn't stop laughing. He was totally serious and just dropped the website address like it's totally normal to mention "ihatebutterflies.com".


THAT'S TOTALLY CREEPY

No comments:

Post a Comment