Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hello, my name is Anxiety Fong. Nice to meet you!

Here's a picture of my sisters and I riding an elephant at Marine World, Africa, U.S.A. (now Discovery Kingdom. Lame.), circa 1985 or so...

Check out the one in the middle. Can we say ANXIOUS?! My arms are actually LOOPED under my oldest sister's arms so that I can clutch onto the metal bar part for dear life, versus holding onto the chain part. Look at how happy Carolyn (in front) and Karen (in back) are! Especially Karen. That girl, with her strawberry t-shirt and matching blue pants, does not have a care in the world. And Carolyn is rocking some super ahead-of-their-times white wrap pants, so she doesn't care that we could FALL OFF OF THE ELEPHANT AT ANY TIME! I was probably saying something like, "What are the safety features of this metal cage/chain apparatus? What is the safety record of this elephant?"...in Chinese. I was such a worried child. I definitely still go back to that at times (have you ever flown on a plane with me? I pretty much make that same face the whole time), but I'm glad that I've let a lot of it go. I can't stop laughing at how close I am sitting to Carolyn, and how much fun Karen is having. Classic Fong Family memory.

(Special shoutout to my cousin Tien for the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment