Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tiger Woods's dead dad commerical

"In what has to be one of the oddest ads in the history of television, Nike debuted Wednesday night a creepy, 30-second Tiger Woods commercial that features the fallen sports star solemnly staring at the camera while listening to a grim voiceover of his dead dad, the New York Post reported Thursday."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/08/mixed-reaction-nikes-creepy-tiger-ad/

I keep hearing that the most "powerful" part is when his dad is heard saying, "And did you learn anything?" Something tells me this statement has now been taken totally out of context. And I've also heard rumors that his dad was quite the philanderer, so I really don't know how I feel about this new commercial. Using his (accused cheater) dad's voice to make people feel sorry for Tiger seems really weird...and TOTALLY CREEPY.

This just has "THAT'S TOTALLY CREEPY" written all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment